Optimise Your Shopify Plus Store with Scripts
Shopify Scripts are small pieces of code that let you create personalized experiences for your customers in their cart and at checkout.
We can use scripts to create discounts that are applied to a cart based on the items in that cart as well as other cart properties. We can also use scripts to customize the shipping and payment options that are available to your customers.
Some examples of the types of discounts and customizations we can make with scripts:
- discount products with specific tags to offer percentage (%) or fixed ($) discounts, or a combination of both
- run promotions with simple or complex logic (buy one, get one free (BOGO); buy two get 10% off, buy four get 20% off)
- offer dynamic pricing with volume-based price breaks
- modify, hide, or re-order shipping options and prices
- modify, hide, or re-order payment gateway methods
We can also create the following types of scripts:
- Line item scripts—These scripts affect line items in a cart and can change prices and grant discounts. These scripts run each time that an item is added, removed, or changed in your cart.
- Shipping scripts—These scripts interact with shipping, and can change shipping methods and grant discounts on shipping rates. These scripts run each time that your customer accesses the shipping options page at checkout.
- Payment scripts—These scripts interact with payments, and can rename, hide and re-order payment gateways. These scripts run each time that your customer accesses the payment method page at checkout. Payment scripts do not interact with payment gateways, such as PayPal Express or Apple Pay, that are shown to your customer before the checkout.